Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policies were designed to cover the cost of mortgage, loan or credit card repayments in the event you were unable to work due to sickness or redundancy. They can also be described as Accident, Sickness and Unemployment Cover (ASU) or Personal Loan Protection Insurance. It had been a practice of various financial providers (bank, loan, mortgage brokers, financial advisors) to sell PPI, ASU or Loan Insurance. If it was done correctly then these products work however the reality is that frequently these products were mis-sold.
The key questions are:-
- Were you told the insurance was compulsory?
- Were you asked whether you already held sufficient insurance cover?
- Were you fully informed as to the cost?
- Was this explained to you at the time?
- Did the lender tell you about the specific criteria of the Insurance and check it was the right product for you?
- Were you advised the PPI did not cover the full term of your loan?
- Were you made aware that the insurance may not cover the full term of the loan?
The Hardings Solicitors PPI Guarantee:
- We will look to recover a full refund of your PPI premium plus interest
- We will handle your claim on a ‘no win no fee’ basis
- Free Initial Consultation
- Personal Service by a Specialist Lawyer
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org