When a child is at risk of abuse from a partner, legal aid is available with issues such as child contact or removal of a father’s parental responsibility. To do so you must be able to give us one of the forms of evidence of child abuse listed below.
If you need to get evidence of a criminal conviction, police caution or of ongoing criminal proceedings for a child abuse offence, you will need to check against this list that the offence is one which is considered child abuse. This guidance refers to your ex-partner as in the majority of cases this is who your case will be against. However, it equally applies to any other person who you are in dispute with. The list of evidence is as follows:-
- criminal conviction
- police caution
- ongoing criminal proceedings
- protective injunction
- finding of fact by a court
- letter or child protection plan from social services
- application for a protective injunction with a prohibited steps order
We can support you in gathering the appropriate evidence to allow you to obtain legal aid following your first appointment. We will also assess whether you are eligible for legal aid at the same stage. All appointments of this nature are confidential, free and can be made on an emergency basis (same day when required).
Our Hardings Solicitors Guarantee:-
- Free Initial Consultation
- Home Visits (if required)
- A Personal Service by Specialist Solicitor
- Affordable ‘Fixed Fee Service’
- Discount on Will Services when instructing us in any other matter